07 May 2012
12 April 2012
16 March 2012
I have been doing tons of embroidery lately. I am currently obsessed with
Jenny Hart, the designer/mastermind behind
I made a TON of bibs for Baby when I was preggo last spring using her transfers
then I found her fabulous baby bib kit
as border's books was closing (sniff sniff)
but I got an amazing deal on it! (yay!)
Her kits and tutorials are ridiculously easy!!
She makes it look sooo simple and it really is!!
(photo lifted from amazon.com)
and made this
and here it is on baby :)
I have many, many more that I have embroidered from her books/kits.
I will save those for another post. Here is another fun little design that I stumbled across
I embroidered this little tote about a year ago.
I found this fabulous transfer at
you will find lots of fun transfers there!
27 January 2012
Happy Birthday, Darling!
My oldest daughter turned 8 this week!!
For her birthday, she wanted cake pops instead of cake.
She also wanted cupcakes...
So, I made both!
There is no such thing as too much cake at a little girl's party!
I made both chocolate and vanilla cake pops. The recipe is a mix of a few recipes that I found on Pinterest plus a few things that I learned along the way.
I am posting this since so many are asking for the recipe!
Here is my version:
I sprinkled the vanilla with pink sugar :)
Cake Pop Recipe
- Bake your favorite chocolate or white cake (or both!!) and let cool
- Make your favorite frosting (I cheated and used Pilsbury)
- Crumble cake into a bowl.
- Gradually add frosting so it it sticky, but not too sticky. If it is too sticky, it won't form balls
- Make balls by rolling mixture of cake and frosting and set in a 9" x 12" casserole dish
- Stick balls vertically with candy making lollipop sticks (I used Wilton)
- Freeze overnight (Finish the rest the next morning)
- I melted chocolate in a glass measuring cup (white chocolate for vanilla pops)
- Dip balls into melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles, sugar or topping of choice
- Let chocolate harden
These were delicious and a huge hit! They are very similar to the ones at Starbucks!!
(I think these would be wonderful at Christmas to dip chocolate cake with chocolate frosting into white chocolate and roll in crushed peppermint!!)
For the cupcakes, I made chocolate and white cake. I used
Meri Meri Eat More Cake Cupcake Kit